11. Resolved, when I think of any theorem in divinity to be solved, immediately to do what I can toward solving it, if circumstances don’t hinder.
12. Resolved, if I take delight in it as a gratification of pride or vanity or on any such account, immediately to throw it by.
13. Resolved, to be endeavoring to find out fit objects of charity and liberality.
14. Resolved, never to do anything out of revenge.
15. Resolved, never to suffer the least motions of anger to irrational anger.
16. Resolved, never to speak evil of anyone, so that it shall tend to his dishonor, more or less, upon no account except for some real good.
17. Resolved, that I will live so as I shall wish I had done when I come to die.
18. Resolved, to live so at all times as I think is best in my devout frames, and when I have clearest notions of things of the gospel and another world.
19. Resolved, never to do anything that I should be afraid to do if I expected it would not be above an hour before I should hear the last trump.
20. Resolved, to maintain the strictest temperance in eating and drinking.
What themes pop out to you so far as you ponder these thoughtful statements?